This is a data protection information for the use of the website www.serendipproperties.com (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”) in force from 25th of May 2018
Serendip Properties & Services S.L., Av. La Hacienda 2, 200, 11316 Alcaidesa, La Línea de la Concepción, Cadiz, Spain (hereinafter referred as “Serendip Properties”) in its quality of data controller (hereinafter referred as “Data Controller”) informs users that it processes personal data provided by users by using the Website, in particular:
- Identifying personal data (e.g. e-mail address, first name, last name, title, address, telephone number – hereinafter referred to as “data” or “personal data”) provided by users in case of registration to the Website (e.g. for contact requests and newsletter mailing);
- Usage personal data transmitted by the users’ Internet browser every time the Website is accessed, and it saves the usage of personal data in protocol files known as server log files. This data includes: IP address (Internet protocol address) of the accessing computer; the name of the page accessed; date and time of access; referred URL, from which the user accesses the page; an amount of transferred data; status message for successfully accesses; session ID number.
PURPOSES OF THE PROCESSING
The Data Controller processes users’ personal data without prior users’ for the following purposes:
- To fulfil user’s requests (e.g. management of requests of contact)
- To allow user registration to the Website
- To provide the services available through the Website (e.g. management of the registration process).
- For the Website technical management and its operational functions (including logistics), including solving any technical problems, statistical analysis, tests, and research.
- To prevent or uncover fraudulent activities or misuses that is damaging to the Website.
- To comply with the requirements of the laws in force, to protect the safety of an individual, the rights and the property of the Data Controller and to hinder deceptions or security or technical problems.
The contact data provided for this purpose by the user is: first name, surname, e-mail address, telephone numbers, street address, house number, zip code (Some of these fields are mandatory). If the user provides personal information about himself the use of the data is subject to the privacy rules of Serendip Properties.
NATURE OF PROVIDING PERSONAL INFORMATION AND THE CONSEQUENCES OF THE REFUSAL
Providing personal data is voluntary and optional. Users’ may freely decide not to provide personal data to Serendip Properties, as well as they may subsequently revoke their consent to process personal data already provided: this may prevent users from the use of the Website and from the services of the Data Controller.
The processing of user’s personal data is made only if necessary and is carried out electronically by means of and namely: collection, registration, organization, storage, consulting, processing, modification, selection, extraction, comparison, use, interconnection, access and communication, blocking, erasure and destruction of the data. The said processing operations shall be carried out through electronic and not-electronic means.
ACCESS TO DATA
Personal data will be processed by the Data Controller’s staff deputed to the processing of personal data (including, but not limited to):
- Administrators, employees and consultants authorized to manage the Website and supply the related services (e.g. customer services, IT department, etc.) in their quality of persons in charge of the processing and/or internal data processors and/or system administrators;
- Administrators, employees and consultants in the marketing, finance, administration, and accounting and other relevant departments of the Data Controller, in their quality of persons in charge of the processing and/or internal data processors;
- Third party companies (e.g. IT services providers, hosting providers, etc.) to which the Data Controller outsources some services involving processing operations in their quality of external data processors.
COMMUNICATION OF DATA
The Data Controller may communicate personal data to third parties in their quality of autonomous data controllers for the following reasons:
- To fulfill the obligation provided by the law, regulations, protocols and national and EU legislation.
- To implement laws required by Public Authorities.
- To allow the defense in court, for example, in case of violations by the web-users.
TRANSFER OF DATA
Serendip Properties will not transfer personal data to third parties.
STORAGE AND DELETION OF DATA
The Data Controller stores personal data for the time necessary to achieve the purposes for which data are collected and further processed, including any retention period required under the applicable legislation (e.g. retention of accounting documentation) and, in any case, for a maximum of 24 months from the storage of the personal data.
To improve browsing on the Website, the Data Controller uses the so-called cookies. Cookies are small text files, generally made up of letters and numbers, that is saved by the users’ web browser on their PC and contain pseudo-anonymized data. Cookies permit a website to recognize the users’ computer, to trace their browsing through several pages of a website and to identify those users who return to a website.
The website uses the following technical cookies:
- Category: Necessary
- PHPSESSID: Cookie purpose description: Preserves user session state across page requests.
- Category: Statistics
- _ga: Cookie purpose description: Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.
- _gat: Cookie purpose description: Used by Google Analytics to throttle Request rate
- _gid: Cookie purpose description: Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.
- Category: Marketing
- ads/ga-audiences: Cookie purpose description: Used by Google AdWords to re-engage visitors that are likely to convert to customers based on the visitor’s online behavior across websites.
- lidc: Cookie purpose description: Used by the social networking service, LinkedIn, for tracking the use of embedded services.
- Category: Others
- pll_language: Cookie purpose description: This is to remember the last language visited.
The Data Controller informs users that they can deactivate or remove cookies in their web browser following the instructions given at the following links:
- Internet Explorer (https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies).
- Mozilla Firefox (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored).
- Safari (https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19214?viewlocale=en_US&locale=de_DE).
The Website uses also Analytical Cookies set by third-party providers, for example, by Google (cf. also stipulations under use of analysis programs and tracking tools) and Adroll (https://www.adroll.com/en-GB/about/privacy) as well as Haufe (https://en.onlinehelp.umantis.com/index.php/Cookies).
The Website uses also Analytical Cookies set by third-party providers, for example:
- Google Analytics
The Data Controller uses the web analytics service Google Analytics offered by Google Inc. (“Google”), in order to analyze the usage of the Website’s pages. The information generated from cookies about users’ usage of the Website’s pages is usually transmitted to and stored in a Google’s server located in the USA. The Data Controller utilizes Google Analytics exclusively with the extension “ga(‘set’, ‘anonymizeIp’, true)” ensuring that IP addresses are only processed as a shortened version, in order to exclude any direct reference to individual people. Google may communicate data to third parties, only in case if it is required by law or provided third parties process data on behalf of Google. Google will not disclose the users’ IP address in association with any other Google data.
Users can prevent the recording and saving of data by Google Analytics at any time by installing a browser plugin released by Google which can be downloaded at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
- Universal Analytics
The Data Controller utilizes the Universal-Analytics functions provided by Google. With these functions, the Data Controller can record and analyze socio-demographic data about users with the help of a Google ID (if available) and cookies generated by Google from advertising content (DoubleClick). If a Google ID is available, the Data Controller will also record this data across all devices (e.g. if users use a smartphone and a PC), in order to analyze visitor streams across all devices.
Users can prevent the recording and saving of data by Google at any time by installing a browser plugin released by Google which can be downloaded at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
- Google Remarketing and Retargeting
Google also offers users the option of managing their own cookies for advertising parameters at the following: https://www.google.de/intl/en/policies/technologies/ads/.
- Social Media Plugins
This Website uses social media plug-ins furnished by the most important social networks (e.g. Facebook and Twitter). When visiting the webpage the browsing data may be transferred directly to the social networks concerned, even without users’ direct interaction. Users acknowledge and agree that the operation of social networks’ plug-ins is managed directly by the company that manages the corresponding plug-in. When users use the plugins available through the Website (e.g. log in with their access credentials to a social network, or link their accounts, click on the Facebook “Like” or “Share” button), the users’ browser establishes a direct connection with the server of that social network, which sends the contents of the plug-in directly to the users’ browser.
Users have the right to obtain from the Data Controller the information about the existence of personal data referring to them and the communication in an intelligible form; the origin of personal data, the purposes, and modalities of the processing; an update, correction or integration of data. Moreover, users may, at any time, revoke their consent, request the interruption of the processing, the deletion, anonymization or the block of the information being processed.
Users may refuse, fully or partially, the processing:
- For legitimate reasons on the processing data concerning them;
- For the purpose of sending advertising material or for carrying out market researches or commercial communications
- Users have also the right of confirmation
- The right of rectification
- The right to be forgotten
- The right of processing limitation
- The right of data portability
- The right to object and the right to complain to the Supervisory Authority.
In order to exercise the rights above and to request information, users may write to the following e-mail address [email protected] or at the postal address Serendip Properties & Services S.L., Av. La Hacienda 2, 200, 11316 Alcaidesa, La Línea de la Concepción, Cadiz, Spain.
In the same way, users can revoke, correct and delete data at any time.
Data Controller and Data Processor:
The Data Controller of the processing is Serendip Properties & Services S.L., with the office in Av. La Hacienda 2, 200, 11316 Alcaidesa, La Línea de la Concepción, Cadiz, Spain. The updated list of the data processors and of the persons in charge of the processing is kept at the premise of the Data Controller.
Serendip Properties & Services S.L.